Q: Engine oil warning appears when turn off car

I drive my car for around one hour a day. When I turn the engine off and remove the key from the ignition, the ‘Engine Oil Pressure Too Low’ light comes on the 2nd indicator panel; the panel that also shows the mileage and km status m gears used. This only happens sometimes and intermittently when I turn off the car, so I’m wondering if it is cause for concern or not. I would appreciate your assessment of this warning light. Is there something that I can do myself or should I take it to the dealership?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2007 BMW 320i. I would have the battery and the connections at the battery checked. If there is any corrosion or a bad connection, then this will occur. If not, then it may be a failure in the ignition switch, which is also common on this car. If you are concerned about this or are experiencing drivability concerns, have a certified technician diagnose the Engine Oil Light and pinpoint any faults.

3. Engine oil warning appears when turn off car