Q: Engine not turning over as quick as it should

Hello, my 2007 Escalade just started to not crank like it normally does. It takes several seconds of cranking before it turns over. I recently had the transmission coolant lines replaced as well as the rear shocks and air compressor. Since that work, I've moved 1000 miles away and don't know what's going on. I don't know much about cars, I dont know where the fuel pump even is! I wonder if it's all plugged in correctly after the suspension work. It also has a strong gas odor on drivers side rear when I stop the engine after driving if that is any help too. I wish I knew more about cars but I'm very intimidated by them. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi there. It’s possible that you might have a fuel pump wearing out or a perhaps a fuel line leak that is causing these issues. Anytime you smell gasoline, it’s not a good sign. In fact, it’s always recommended to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle as soon as possible to avoid possible safety issues that can occur with leaking gasoline. While they inspect for the fuel leak, they can also complete the car is hard to start inspection, which should isolate the source of these issues so the right repairs can be completed.

3. Engine not turning over as quick as it should