Q: Engine not starting; key stuck

My engine will not start, and the key is stuck in the ignition. It will turn forward and back, but it will not come out. My lights still turn on, and the indicators (gas, mileage) work well.

A broken or malfunctioning ignition key cylinder is a common problem on vehicles as the key and tumblers wear. Replacement of the ignition cylinder may be required as well as a new key set. If you would like to confirm this, have a certified technician from YourMechanic visit your home or office to diagnose your ignition issue.