Q: Engine not running correctly after rebuild

I recently had my engine rebuilt, but the mechanic who did the work, did a rush job. I believe my issue stems from bad valve seals or possibly piston rings. I feel like I should get a compression test done first to help determine the true nature of my problem.

A: I’d need to know the symptoms you are havin...

I’d need to know the symptoms you are having but I’m assuming the engine is burning oil. Valve seals control the oil that lubricates the valve stems and prevents it from seeping into the guides in excessive amounts. The piston rings seal the combustion chamber and stop oil from getting in. Problems with either of these two items could cause you vehicle to burn oil. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, has the right knowledge and equipment to diagnose your vehicle and determine what repairs should be made.