Q: Engine noise

The engine make a big noise, and then a little bit less noise when it's on.

A: The loud noise can be caused by the engine ...

The loud noise can be caused by the engine and starter motor both operating in the attempt to get the engine started. A malfunctioning starter may become noisy on it’s way out. Other noises can be caused by any moving component in the engine ranging from the pulleys on the drive belt system to engine internals. Have an experienced technician take a close look at the vehicle and track down the location of the noise and make the necessary repairs.