Q: Q: engine noise

I bought this toyota rav4 used and I just discovered that the engine noise is high. It isn't noiseless while the engine is steaming. Moreso when the engine is raised by matching the throttle the engine sound sounds more on the front part of the car than from the rear where the exhaust is located. Is there a way you have an idea what might be the problem or is it normal.

Hi there. Sometimes excessive engine noise in the front of the vehicle is caused by an exhaust leak. This can come from the exhaust manifold, or the exhaust headers that are connected to the exhaust system. It’s also common for a broken EGR valve to cause similar issues, since it’s connected to the exhaust system itself. If you’re in need of a professional mechanic to inspect this for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and pinpoint any needed repairs.

3. Q: engine noise