Q: Engine noise and oil pressure problem

The oil pressure is changing, and there is an engine noise at startup.

A: Hi. In most cases, engine noises are caused...

Hi. In most cases, engine noises are caused by too much clearance between parts or low oil pressure. If the oil pressure is low and you have an internal engine noise, there is a good chance the noise you are hearing is from the main or connecting rod bearings. Double check the oil level and make sure it's full. If the oil is full and noise persists, the oil pan will have to be removed to check the lower engine bearings. A trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect your vehicle's engine noise to determine which part is causing the problem.