Q: Engine makes a ticking sound. I've already gotten the oil changed and use Locus but the noise is still there

My engine makes a ticking noise. I got the oil changed and also use Locus but the noise is still present.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

There are not many noises that you can fix with an oil change. If your engine is making a tick that has a regular rhythm, one that increases with engine speed, then something in the engine has developed more clearance than it should have. If you want to try to locate the noise, you can try putting the end of a piece of plastic hose in your ear and wave the other end around the engine compartment. The sound then becomes very directional and you can locate it by pointing the hose. Look out for moving parts! Better yet, let someone else do it for you. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your engine tick and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

3. Engine makes a ticking sound. I've already gotten the oil changed and use Locus but the noise is still there