Q: Engine loses power when stopped in traffic - 2004 BMW 325is

I would drive my car and bring it to a halt at the traffic light or at a drive-thru, and when I'm about to continue driving, the car would start hesitating. I've noticed this grinding sound of the engine struggling to keep power. This happens each time when I am at a temporary stop. What might be causing this?

A: Hello. Due to the broad range of things tha...

Hello. Due to the broad range of things that could possibly be causing these issues, I would recommend that you get a general vehicle inspection performed by a qualified technician in order to get a better idea of what could be causing the issues you are experiencing. This issue could be related to the engine itself, the pulley system, your brakes, or your suspension. A full vehicle inspection would be required in order to properly determine what is causing the hesitation and grinding noise that you are experiencing.