Q: Engine loses power when stopped in traffic - 2004 BMW 325is

I would drive my car and bring it to a halt at the traffic light or at a drive-thru, and when I'm about to continue driving, the car would start hesitating. I've noticed this grinding sound of the engine struggling to keep power. This happens each time when I am at a temporary stop. What might be causing this?

Hello. Due to the broad range of things that could possibly be causing these issues, I would recommend that you get a general vehicle inspection performed by a qualified technician in order to get a better idea of what could be causing the issues you are experiencing. This issue could be related to the engine itself, the pulley system, your brakes, or your suspension. A full vehicle inspection would be required in order to properly determine what is causing the hesitation and grinding noise that you are experiencing.

3. Engine loses power when stopped in traffic - 2004 BMW 325is