Q: Engine lite just started flashing on and off and the car is shaking while in the stopped position

The check engine light just started flashing on and off this evening and the car is shaking slightly when in the stopped or idle position while the engine is still running. I've had an oil change within the last month and I haven't had any problems with the car or the engine up until this point. I've had the car for 4 years but I haven't had a full tune up as well so I'm guessing that may be the problem. Replacing spark plugs but I don't want to speculate.

The flashing check engine light is letting you know that there is a problem that is urgent or the catalyst may be damaged. You most likely have a failed ignition coil or failed spark plug. In order to find out what engine cylinder is having a problem you would need to have the check engine diagnosed to get the codes that are set in the computer. You may have cylinder misfire codes or coil failure codes. Once the coil that has failed is identified then also it would be a good idea to replace all the spark plugs along with replacing the bad coil or coils. Then clear the codes and road test to make sure engine is running smooth again.

3. Engine lite just started flashing on and off and the car is shaking while in the stopped position