Q: Q: engine light on

after i change canister purge valve for new and disconnect battery engine light is still on , buick century 1998

Hello, thanks for writing in. Fault codes have a priority and classification. The canister purge valve is an emission base code, a high priority that cannot be cleared by disconnecting the battery. This code must be cleared with a scan tool. The code only represents the fault area and does not necessarily indicate which component has failed. A YourMechanic certified technician can come to your home or place of business in order to perform a Check Engine Light inspection on your vehicle, diagnose, and repair this issue.

3. Q: engine light on