Q: Engine Light came on

The Engine Light came on, the air conditioner worked sporadically, and my car couldn't downshift when going up hills. It also stalled once, and is not running well.

All of those issues will need to be addressed one-at-a-time. There could be one root problem, or several independent ones. The first step would be to scan the engine and transmission computer for codes. The codes set will give direction to the diagnostics, and serve to eliminate one problem at-a-time. A poorly running engine can cause many other secondary issues. I would recommend having a top-rated mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your car’s location to run a diagnostic inspection of the Check Engine Light illumination, and recommend the best path to repair.