Q: Engine Light

I was at a traffic light the other day and when I went to take off it was shaking as if the wheels weren't turning properly. The engine light is still on but it seems to be driving normally. The engine light has come on previously however the shaking didn't occur, still got it checked out and it was an engine misfire. Should I get it checked?

A: Anytime the check engine light is illumin...

Hello:

Anytime the check engine light is illuminated, it is due to an error code that has been triggered and stored in the Toyota’s ECU. If you’re experiencing an engine vibration it can be caused by multiple fuel, electronic or mechanical component failures. It’s for this reason that the best thing to do is contact one of our local mechanics from YourMechanic.com and have them complete a car is vibrating inspection. This service will allow them to inspect and test drive your vehicle to determine what’s causing the problem; so that the right repairs can be made.