Q: Engine Issue

I have Toyota Camry 2004 I started to hear a ticking noise coming from the motor it overheated and I didn't want to drive it anymore until a Macanic saw it he came and told its my engine he noticed it had metal shaving in the motor oil which I was upset since I had the engine rebuilt a year ago is my car done

If you have overheated the motor and found metal in the oil then you may have had a bearing failure. I would recommend having the person that rebuilt it check it out to see if a bearing failure or something worse has happened to the motor.

Since it was overheated you may need to find out why. The cost to repair the car may exceed the value of the car if the engine does need to be replaced.

If you need someone to check this out for you, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come diagnose your overheated engine and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.