Q: engine is shot someone sold me a bad engine with my truck. had left debris in the head which messed up my piston walls

I would like to know if I can take a engine from a 1998 chevrolet automatic and put in my 1996 Isuzu hombre manual transmission. both are a 2.2 thank you for the help.

Unfortunately this will not be an even swap. If I remember correctly, the cylinder heads are different and there may be more differences considering one vehicle is front-wheel drive and the other is rear-wheel drive. The lower blocks of both engines are very similar, but your best bet would be to use an engine from the same vehicle.

• engine is shot someone sold me a bad engine with my truck. had left debris in the head which messed up my piston walls