Q: Engine is hot and my car won't start off while driving.

My car engine is hot and my car shut off while driving it do you know what the problem could be? I have a 99 Nissan Altima

A: It sounds like there is a possibility of en...

It sounds like there is a possibility of engine damage. If the engine was overheated and shut off during continued use, then the chance that engine damage occurred is high. The fact that it now does not start is also an indicator of possible internal damage. Without being there personally to check for codes, compression, cooling system integrity, etc.., it's hard to lead you in a specific direction other than to check those things: codes, compression, cooling system integrity. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection and a car has overheated inspection.