Q: Engine got flooded and hydrolocked. Need second opinion.

I drove through flood waters and think my engine might have hydrolocked with a bent bottom end. The shop mechanic said he took out the plugs and turned over the engine. When he did water came out and it knocked. I want a second opinion on this.

Hello, it sounds like you may have bent or broken a rod if the engine is now knocking. It sounds like there may be some damage to the bottom end of the engine. A technician such as one from YourMechanic can give you a https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/75-point-safety-inspection. It is common that pistons, blocks, rods, and crankshafts become damaged if enough water gets into the cylinder.