Q: Engine fails to start and a fuse is blown - 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have a 93 jeep grand cherokee Laredo. Out of nowhere it will not start. Motor turns over great but just wont hit a lick. I check fuse box under the hood and 30 amp fuse was blown. I replaced it tried it again and fuse popped and smoke started coming out from around fan blower. What is my next step to try and fix this problem?

Hi there. The fact that you’ve had a 30 amp fuse pop twice while starting indicates that you’ve got a pretty serious electrical problem with your 93 Jeep. Before you attempt to start the vehicle again, I’d contact a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and have them complete an electrical problem inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your Jeep’s electrical issue.

• Engine fails to start and a fuse is blown - 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo