Q: Engine does not get above 1700 RPMs even with the gas pedal is down all the way.

Engine starts fine, but when I press the gas pedal all the way down, the engine sound does not change and the RPMs do not go above 1700 RPMs.

A: This could be caused by many problems. The ...

This could be caused by many problems. The first thing I would do is have a tune up done on the car and replace the fuel filter. A your mechanic technician can perform these task if you do not feel comfortable. If that does not fix the problem I would check the codes on the computer to help diagnose it. it could be a clogged catalytic converter or a fuel pump. need to have the exhaust system and the fuel system checked out.