Q: Engine does not get above 1700 RPMs even with the gas pedal is down all the way.

Engine starts fine, but when I press the gas pedal all the way down, the engine sound does not change and the RPMs do not go above 1700 RPMs.

This could be caused by many problems. The first thing I would do is have a tune up done on the car and replace the fuel filter. A your mechanic technician can perform these task if you do not feel comfortable. If that does not fix the problem I would check the codes on the computer to help diagnose it. it could be a clogged catalytic converter or a fuel pump. need to have the exhaust system and the fuel system checked out.

3. Engine does not get above 1700 RPMs even with the gas pedal is down all the way.