Q: Engine died then started up fine

When I was driving my 2010 Nissan Versa home the other day, I heard a sputter. The engine died and a ton of warning lights came on, so I pulled over. It took awhile, but eventually it did start up again. This car only has 44,000 miles on it and I'm worried about getting a blown engine. What services will help the engine run smoother?

This problem could be unsafe for you. I recommend contacting a certified mechanic, such as one of the mobile mechanics from YourMechanic, to thoroughly inspect your vehicle at your home or office. They can do a thorough check for possible problems by scanning your computer and checking fuel pressures. If the engine control module or the power relay that turns the module on intermittently fails, then it may not show any error codes or verify any problems. Some of the failures on other owner’s vehicles have been fuel pump modules and relays to power the fuel pump and engine computer module.

3. Engine died then started up fine