Q: Engine cuts off without notice while driving

I started having issues a few months ago. Driving about 40mph one afternoon and the engine just shut off without warning. There was no sputter ot hesitation what so ever. This has happend many times since then, one day everything is fine and the next it happens again. I've done a full tune up prior to this issue, changed out the crank position sensor twice also after problem started. Rebuilt injectors were installed prior to issues, computer was replaced prior also. Check engine light is sporadic and overdrive light also at times. I'm at wits end and have no other thoughts of what the problem could be. Please help. Ty

It is possible that your fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator are failing. When one of these two parts fails, the vehicle’s engine will not recieve the proper amount of fuel needed to keep running. I would recommend having your fuel pressure tested and compared against the manufacturer’s specification. If the fuel pressure is low, I would recommend having the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator replaced. Consider YourMechanic for these services as they can be completed from your home or office.