Q: Engine cut out when started

Hi scotty the issue I'm having is with a 2003 Vauxhall Zafira, when I first start it up in the morning whether it's warm or cold outside it drops revs and I have to rev it up to keep it going, then after a little while it's fine and doesn't do it again through-out the day, thanks

A: This can be from a gasket on the intake man...

This can be from a gasket on the intake manifold that is leaking when you first start the car in the morning. As the engine warms, it will expand the metal and the leak will seal until the next morning.

The other possible problem is that the idle air valve and throttle body is in need of cleaning.

Have these problems checked by a mechanic to fix your problem, they will be able to replace your intake manifold gasket as well if necessary.