Q: engine cranks over but won't start

When turning the key on the engine cranks over but won't start. There is no spark and the tac meter doesn't register any rpm when the motor cranks over. I changed out the crank sensor and the fuel pump assembly and it still does the same thing. It has a coil for each spark plug and they are not sparking. Also after cranking the engine over for a long time, I don't smell any gasoline under the hood. What is wrong?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The fuel smell you are having is from the engine throwing fuel into the cylinders that is not being burned. The spark system will is likely the cause of your no start. If none of the coils are receiving power, then the issue is likely the powe’re source to the coils. Check for voltage there. If they are reciting voltage but not producing spark, then all of the coils need to be replaced. You should replace them all at the same time anyway. This keeps the wear on the vehicle even. Replace the plugs at the same time.