Q: Engine cranks and dies out, has to be restarted to finally get running

My car has issues with startup. The engine slowly cranks for a few seconds and then dies out. When it happens, I turn it off and try again after a few seconds, which makes it crank as it usually does and starts up. It happens occasionally, so I took it to a mechanic.He had the battery and alternator tested, along with the wiring and starter, which were all working fine. He hasn't found the cause of the issue. So you have any suggestion what might be causing these issues with the startup?

A: Hello. If the engine is cranking slowly, th...

Hello. If the engine is cranking slowly, then it is either a failing starter or there is an issue with the positive battery cable to the starter. The most common being the starter itself. I would start by doing a voltage drop test of the positive battery cable. If it is fine, then I replace the starter. The start can also be tested with a load tester. If you need to have someone else look at this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car's stalling issue.