Q: Engine conversion from 1.6 to 1.3 Suzuki Liana

i have a 2002 suzuki liana 5door manual with an original m16a engine but its blown. if i get a m13a engine for it ive heard they bolt straight in, is this true? and if so will i need a m13a ECU also or will mine work fine?

Hi there:

Unfortunately, we don’t service this model at YourMechanic.com or see many of them here in the United States. However, from what I’ve researched, the two motors will swap out fairly simply. We can’t offer you any advice on the changing of the ECU, so I’d recommend contacting a local Suzuki expert in your home town for that information. Best of luck.