Q: Engine clicks but won't start.

To avoid collision, I shifted the car from drive to park whilst car was in motion. Crashed any how. Car was towed. At tow yard to get car battery (overdue for renewal) was totally dead. Although jumper cables were attached and all power was restored, car only clicks, hums by steering wheel but won't start.

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your car is well known for having faulty starter motors. Since the battery is fine, it is very likely the your concern is due to a bad starter. Unfortunately, part of the intake manifold needs to be removed in order to gain access to the starter. To confirm this a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your location and check that the starter is getting power as it should. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.