Q: Engine cannot turn over - 2008 Hyundai Entourage

The dash in my van was showing the check engine light on. So, I had the batteries recharged. Now, everything inside seems to be working fine, including the lights and other electronic features but the engine cannot turn over. What has caused this?

A: If the Check Engine Light remains illuminat...

If the Check Engine Light remains illuminated, that means that there is a trouble code stored in the car’s computer. Until the problem is repaired, the Check Engine Light will remain illuminated. There are hundreds of different codes that the car can set, and these codes are likely pointing towards systems that are contributing to the car not being able to turn over. If you would like to have this checked, an expert from YourMechanic can check the codes and diagnose the cranking problem to have the car running like normal again.