Q: Engine

What engine will i need for the rx8 mazda 2004? Will i be able to turbo charge lt as well?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Based on interchange data from Car-part.com, depending on whether you have a manual transmission or an automatic transmission, RX-8 engines from 2004 to 2007 will work in your vehicle. No other engines will work because any engine outside of that range is incompatible with the powertrain control module (PCM) that is installed in your vehicle. If your original engine was not turbo charged, such a retrofit would have to be engineered and it is not recommended due to the likely incompatibility with the existing computer controls on your engine. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.