Q: My 4.0 engine that I had purchased before blew out and now I can't afford 4.0 engine. Could I replace the engine with small 3.3L, even if performances decrease?

I have a 2908 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0 and the engine won't work I want to replace with a 3.3l is thus possible

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. You can replace your vehicle with any engine size as long as the engine will bolt up to the transmission, the electrical harness will match the engine as it did on the 4.0L, and the exhaust system will convert over to the other engine. The computer will not know of what type engine is in the car if the engine has the same sensors and ignition setups. As long as it fits and all of the sensors can be switched over, then yes the engine will work. If you need further assistance with your engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My 4.0 engine that I had purchased before blew out and now I can't afford 4.0 engine. Could I replace the engine with small 3.3L, even if performances decrease?