Q: Engine bearing warning lights

The warning lights came on my stabilitrak right after I changed the engine bearing at the bottom of steering column. This caused my engine power to get much lower. Do you have any idea what this happened and how I can fix it?

A: Engine bearing at the bottom of the steerin...

Engine bearing at the bottom of the steering column? This description is not accurate and I’m not sure what you’re talking about. The "Service Stability Control" message displays when any part of the vehicle stability enhancement system is disabled. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) sends a request to illuminate this light and stored a diagnostic trouble code. The first step in diagnosing your concern to retrieve the stored code(s). Generally, a OEM grade scan tool is required to do so. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your warning light and repair your vehicle.