Q: Engine and transmission mounts

I would like to know what is the best way to determine a bad engine and/ or transmission mount.

The first way is to visually look at them to see if you can see the rubber is damaged, broken or oil soaked from a leak that should be fixed first. If the transmission is an automatic transmission then you can have someone watch the engine when you tun engine in drive and reverse and give it a little gas while holding brake to see if engine move more than a little in each direction. If engine lifts then that side mount is broke.

3. Engine and transmission mounts