Q: engine and electrical wont turn off

Car starts fine but when i try to turn it off the engine and all the electrical stay on. Just replaced the ignition lock cylinder and still doing the same thing

Hello. Thanks for writing in. Typically the ignition cylinder system is supposed to break the connection to the charging system so it will stop producing energy. If the system never gets the message to stop, or the charging system has malfunctioned and cant stop, the alternator will continue to provide energy to the engine keeping it going. If the alternator is the issue, you can unplug it and the engine should stop. Only do this when you have removed the key after it was running, and it is still continuing to run. Do not do this if the key is on. If the alternator stops, you know it is the cause of the "feedback". If it does not, then you will have to find an alternative source for the feedback, and it may be related to the ignition cylinder. Start by testing the alternator, and take any further diagnostics from there.

3. engine and electrical wont turn off