Q: Engine and Battery Light are on when i start the car

When I go to start my car the engine does not properly turn on. The battery light, ESP light, and engine oil light are on. We originally thought it was the battery so we tried to boost the car, which did not work. What is the problem and what should we do about it?

Hi there. When you have error or warning lights illuminate on the dashboard, it is an indication of an electrical or mechanical error code being created and stored in the ECU of your Hyundai. The problem can be with a sensor, ignition or fuel system component that is damaged which reduces the cars ability to start correctly. The only way to determine what is causing these codes, you need to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection.