Q: Emergency brake was left on while driving.

I left the trucks brake on and forgot about it and drove for about 5 miles at around 45 mph. Now the trucks passenger side wheel has a hard knock when it changes speeds. As it accelerates theres a very noticeable bump.I think the axels might be damaged.

A: Leaving the emergency brake on for five min...

Leaving the emergency brake on for five minutes shouldn’t cause damage to the axles. In some cases, it will cause the brake rotor to warp, but that’s usually after extensive use and lots of heat build-up. Sometimes the parking brake shoe will become stuck if it was left on for a while. My best recommendation would be to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete an inspection of the braking noise. By having this done, they’ll be able to pinpoint the source of the issue and suggest repairs that will solve your noise issue.