Q: Emergency brake light coming on

My emergency brake light keeps coming on and it isn't the brake fluid or the brakes and mainly when it's cold outside.

Brake fluid will contract when cold so you just want to be sure that the fluid level is not at the minimum level in the reservoir. The E-brake has a switch that could be sticking in the on position even though you have released the brake. Finally, there could be a circuit malfunction, including a bad fluid level sensor in the master cylinder. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.