Q: Electronic Throttle light is on

The Engine light is on and the Electronic Throttle light goes off and on.

Hello. Since the Check Engine Light is on, I typically start by scanning the computer for codes. This would give me a good starting point as to where the problem is. Usually when these symptoms happen together, it is caused by a failing throttle body. Low battery voltage can also cause this but it is not as common. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and throttle body. From there, they will be able to make the needed repairs to ensure your car safety.

3. Electronic Throttle light is on