Q: Electrical shorts turning the engine off.

when I use the power windows, the stereo will cut off. other times, with the AC, radio and engine running pushing the window buttons will dim the electrical system but nothing else. weirdest issue is with AC, radio and engine running, when I turn on the headlights, it kills the engine. checked alternator symptoms but they don't match the problems I'm having. headlights are bright and all lighting appears normal.

Hello. It sounds like there is a serious connection issue going on. Most of the time this is caused by a bad alternator. It can also be caused by a bad negative battery terminal connection or a failing positive battery cable. I usually test the battery cables first to see if they have high internal resistance and to make sure that they have good connections. If they are fine then I load test the alternator. If that is not the issue either then a voltage meter will need to be used to try and find where the voltage issue lies. If you need to have this electrical issue fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system.

3. Electrical shorts turning the engine off.