Q: Electrical problems with car

Initially my window would not work. At the time, a light inside the car flickered. More recently, my horn quit working as well. Now, my car won't start at all. We went to jump it and the battery started working again when we touched it.

Hello, the first thing is to check your battery condition by charging the battery and then if it goes down again, have a load test done by a qualified technician. If your battery is more than 3 years old, it may be worn out. Some companies like Sears do these tests for free. Note that companies usually do not charge for this if you purchase a new battery from them. If the battery holds a charge, then you can check your accessories again to see if they come on normally. Next, try starting and see if either the battery gauge or light is showing charge. If the battery works but now the gauge is showing no charge or the battery light is on, you will probably need to replace the alternator. You should have you car non-start issue checked by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, before spending money replacing parts.