Q: Electrical problems after upgrades

I had no problems with lights working before I decided upgrade my OEM radio to the aftermarket head unit, speakers, subs, LED lights everywhere ( front, turn, tail, interior lights). Now I have weird situation with lights: 3rd brake light is always on, right side of my outside lights are not working, inside lights ( dome lights, instrument cluster lights, rear dome light) are out completely. Right turn light is working hyper flushing I did not install load resistor, but my left turn light is not working at all. What could it be and how can I fix it?

Hi there. From the description you have provided, all of your vehicle’s electrical problems began with the "upgrades". Unfortunately this could be a can of worms to repair. Assuming, you had a qualified technician install the vehicle’s radio and lighting upgrades and all was fine after the installations. This would lead me to believe your vehicle has several problems. The first place to look would be fuse(s) for the inoperative components. Next, to look for shorts to power the components staying on. If you can find the problem yourself, I recommend having your vehicle’s electrical problems diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Electrical problems after upgrades