Q: Electrical disconnect

Inherited a nightmare to fix. Best Buy installer did an after hours job installing a system. Apparently a wire caught on fire inside the car. Don't know where he tapped into but the car is dead. Verified maxi fuses underhood and each individual fuse and everything looks good. Battery was charged overnight and is in good working condition. So, the power door locks will work. Put the key in the ignition and the interior chime starts making noise. That's it tho. No dash lights. No power windows. No radio. In addition, can't take the car out of park either.

A: The unfortunate part of electrical scenario...

The unfortunate part of electrical scenarios like this is, vehicle electronics and their sensitivity to voltage surges. Even something seemingly innocent like static discharge. If you were for example, holding the car's ecu in your hand and a static discharge happened between you and it, you could damage the ecu. If all fuses are good, check for any fusible links between the battery and the starter. Some cars have them, others do not. It will look like a flimsy wire but it is designed to "break" internally like a fuse when there are voltage surges. It's probable that the electrical / electronic systems will have to be checked one by one. An electrical short bad enough to start a fire could have damaged any or numerous electronic components. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic would be happy to assist you with an electrical diagnosis and help to resolve this issue.