Q: Electrical. Dashboard lights not working

I crossed battery cables when trying to jump my 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante. I replaced alternator, 120 fuse. Still dash doesn't work. No lights or the gages are not working, no cruise control, moon roof. Weird thing blinkers light up.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. When you jump a battery backwards it will blow a number of fuses and this will be different in every vehicle. Some of the times, it will also cause damage to the vehicle modules. The most common fuses that blow are the largest fuses in the fuse box under the hood and in the fuse box under the dash. I usually take a voltage meter and test each one of the fuses to see if they are blown. Any blown fuses need to be replaced. If all of the fuses are fine then one of the fusible links may have melted. It would take a voltage meter to test the circuits to find the issue from there. If you would like help, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.