Q: Electrical components on the driver's side quit working

The car that I've just purchased has 115,000 miles on it, and some electrical issues. First, I've had a dash warning indicating the side lamp and daytime lamp on the left side of the car stopped working. Then, the side lamp has been flashing occasionally or turn on and then off after a while. This was followed by the speaker malfunction on the left side as well. The, the other night while I was driving, all electrical components quit working. These include windows, door locks, door vacuum, mirror controls, seat positioning etc. On the driver's side of the car, all the power was off. How can this be fixed?

Hello there, electrical issues are not uncommon on the 2002 Mercedes CL500. There are a few potential causes such as a wiring fault, low battery, or failing components. With the fault moving from system to system, the most likely in this case would be a shorting wiring harness.

This occurs when a connector or wire becomes worn and begins to arc between other wires. This can cause broad issues across many systems and intermittent issues. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the electrical system in order to have this resolved appropriately.