Q: Electrical components malfunction, dash lights on, car shut off

Recently, I've had troubles shifting out of third gear. The car kept switching to the safe mode, so I had the input speed sensor replaced. This fixed the problem. The other day, different issues started happening and I don't know whether these are connected to the above-mentioned problem I had. Yesterday during driving, the dashboard started showing the parking brake light and the battery light illuminated. Then, I had some troubles shifting gears. The dashboard started showing the ABS light and TCS light on as well. This was followed by speedometer and tachometer malfunctioning. The car eventually shut off. After having the car towed, I restarted the car after a while. The dashboard was still showing the parking brake light and the battery light illuminated. What do you think the problem is?

A: Hello there, this is a more uncommon issue ...

Hello there, this is a more uncommon issue on the XG300. There are a few possible causes why the vehicle would not shift out of 3rd gear and would go into limp mode. The most likely cause would be a crank position sensor, camshaft sensor, shift solenoid, low transmission fluid, wiring fault, or a mechanical transmission issue. With a multi-system fault such as this, diagnosis is required for an accurate answer. I recommend having a qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting problem and warning lights in order to have this corrected.