Q: Electric windows not working.

The electric windows do not go up or down.

A: I understand firsthand the frustration that...

I understand firsthand the frustration that comes with an electric window that will not move up or down. The first step I recommend taking would be to check the fuses for the all of the windows. You will want to verify if they have blown.

Fuses can be checked a few different ways, such as with a digital voltage meter, a test light or even by looking over them visually. However, I must note that my own eyes have been fooled and a fuse that looks good may not always be good, so using a digital voltage meter is a guaranteed way to determine if fuses are the issue.

If any bad fuses are indeed found, you can replace them and see if the windows then go up and down. If the fuses are good or replacing them did not fix your Accord’s problem, then the issue may be elsewhere.

In my time as a mechanic, I’ve seen two window motors fail at the same time. I have even seen a motor fail on one window and a regulator fail in another. So multiple windows failing isn’t common but it can happen. Typically when a window regulator or motor fail, you see it coming. Your Accord’s windows will start to make unusual noises and or they may go up and down very slowly and you may even experience parts of the window going up faster than the other. If all of your windows were working and suddenly stopped, the problem may lay in the master window switch found on the driver’s door. In most cases if this switch fails, it will cut power to the other windows, making them all inoperable. Enlisting the help of a certified mechanic to inspect the windows is a good first step.