Q: Electric/Engine problems

Hello I have a 2009 Chevy Cruize with some problem to be specific sometime i have electrical problems of the sort that my left hand size speakers don't work one day and the next day they do. When the speakers don't work even the sound from the blinkers is not present if i go left or right. And another problem is the car has sometime a lack of power in the sense that i feel that the air to fuel ratio is not optimum so the car loses power but as for the previous problem they are not persistent some times the car works perfect other times it dose not and as far as I see the weather play no part in the problems.

In looking at wiring diagrams for your car, I don’t see a connection between the speakers and the interior blinkers. This doesn’t mean there isn’t one. Same goes for the lack of power. To figure this out I would begin by diagnosing the speakers or the blinkers when they are failing. Often times the most difficult task in diagnosing such issues is recreating the problem. If you can, figure out a way to make the problem occur at will. This in itself will serve as diagnostic information. Often times this action will reveal the problem.

Once you can recreate the problem, you will need a wiring diagram and a test light. Keep in mind, your car uses a lot of computer communication that requires a scanner to see. You may need a scanner to diagnose these issues, but maybe not. Your typical code reader from your local auto parts store won’t be enough. With a wiring diagram in hand, most the information you need to figure this out is there.

If this isn’t something you are comfortable doing, I recommend having your turn signal inspected and radio by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to help you get to the bottom of this.

Diagnosing the power loss is a separate issue as well. I would begin with the simplest problem, which is the speakers and the interior blinkers. These two may lead to the source of your power loss as well.

Good luck!