Q: Electric door unlocks but does not lock. I have to manually lock all doors. 2007 Dodge Magnum

My electric door unlocks but does not lock. I have to manually lock all doors. Windows work fine.

Hello - the first level of diagnosis is to isolate which component does not lock the doors as expected: master door lock switch on the driver door, the lock button on the key fob, etc. If only one of these does not work, that component can be replaced, restoring the locking function. Try an alternate key fob for example to help isolate the failure. If door locking does not work at all, the problem is larger - perhaps a door lock relay, body control or security module issue. I recommend an electrical inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Electric door unlocks but does not lock. I have to manually lock all doors. 2007 Dodge Magnum