Q: Electric Auto Problems

Hello, Rain started leaking into my car a few months ago and now I'm having electric problems. The rain started coming in through the roof and Im assuming it rain into the electrical part of the car. Now the locks for the front two doors doesn't work and the radio also blinks on and off. What should I do now, I'm so afraid it will cost an arm and a leg.

The best place to start is with a diagnosis of the electrical system. Water getting to electrical connections and electronics can lead to all sorts of malfunctions. Water will corrode connections and electronics and cause electrical shorts. Modern cars sometimes have dozens of electronic control modules and hundreds of feet of wiring. So much so that control modules can be mounted nearly everywhere: on the floor under the carpeting, under the dash, in the roof, and in the doors.