Q: ELC runs constantly

About a week ago the ELC started running constantly when the ignition is on. Pulled a relay to stop it. Used as a 3rd car - usually with me driving solo - back seat rarely used - city driving only - heaviest load in trunk probably a set of golf clubs or groceries - 4-5K/yr in mileage - car runs great. Is it OK to drive it as is with ELC disconnected?

Obviously I don't want to spend a lot of money on an 18 yr old car with isn't worth a lot unless it's absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

For the system to run constantly, there is more than likely a leak in the system. There could be a leak in an air supply line, a crack in a suspension air bag, a failed sensor, or even a stuck pressure valve. It would be best to have a certified mechanic take a look at the vehicle and perform some diagnostics. If it is a failure that will require expensive parts, there are retrofit kits to convert the air suspension to a conventional spring system.