Q: Either the oil pump or oil sending unit is going bad. I don't know which one.

Since I bought my truck it has had low oil pressure. Now even when i'm at 3,000 rpm it will just zero out. I DO have oil in the truck but with the pressure at zero most of the time my lifters are really getting loud. I'm not sure which it is so I can fix it.

Hello, If you are able to ear noticeable lifter noise or other valve train noise, it is quite likely your oil pressure gauge may be correct and that your oil pump may be failing or you are just low on oil. I would recommend changing the oil to start with and making sure it has the proper amount of oil in it giving you a good starting point. From there you can listen for valve train noise. It may be also be just as prudent to install a new oil pressure switch regardless as they are fairly inexpensive.

• Either the oil pump or oil sending unit is going bad. I don't know which one.