Q: EGR valve

I replaced the EGR valve, but the value I used was cheap so I'm planning to replace it with a better valve.

Anyway, I was told by a mechanic that a diagnosis computer is necessary after installation.

My question is how true is that statement?

A: Hi there: That statement is very true. Whe...

Hi there:

That statement is very true. When you have a problem with any mechanical or electrical component that has triggered an OBD-II service code, you need to have a professional mechanic who knows how to download and access those codes and have the reset the ECU so those code can be removed; allowing the ECU to determine if the repairs were completed correctly. If this is not completed, the mechanical repairs may not register and the symptoms can actually continue. If you need help with this, contact a professional mechanic from YourMechanic.com to complete a check engine light is on inspection; which will allow them to complete this service after you've replaced the EGR valve.